Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Tribute to all the People Behind the Scene

In June I changed my work place & joined the wining team in the island. It sounds very good to me… joining the winning team, I repeat. It was one of my dreams to join this company & finally it became true. I spent one month over here & got my first salary too. So it was the best time to treat the people who helped me to get into where I am today.

So first of all I decided whom to invite for a special lunch. Firstly Ray – he gave my CV & a good recommendation to the company. And followed up my CV too. Then Lucky – he also recommended me, followed up my cv & replied to all my SMSs & called me back to give status updates all the time. Then Sri – being a referee in my CV, he called the HR by himself to give a recommendation about me. How nice of him. Then Dinesh – he lifted my sprit up when I was down to earth with some problems I had at my previous place. He always gave me good advices & tips. So I invited all of them.

Then I searched a nice glamorous place to dine where we haven’t been before. (to make my gang excited about it.) I found one newly opened restaurant in Mount Lavinia beach called Loon Tao. I thought to try this new place since I like their website (http://loontao.com/) & owners are also known to me. It turned out to be a good choice I made when deciding the venue. We all met there, had lunch, gossiped about everything & of course, I thanked them for helping me to make it possible. I felt good at the end of the day.

But I feel I have missed out some people. Well, I can’t invite all of them for a lunch really. And I can’t name them in here since the list is too long. But they all played major roles behind the scene. There is no doubt in that. They all are my friends at the places I worked before. To be specific, real good friends & friends who appeared to be friendly & tried back stabbing me. So today I want to thank them all for giving me courage, chances to learn, and showing me what my flaws are. Without them how can I ever grow up?

So I say “thank you all!” You all could change my life for a better today!